Something that we all suffer almost constantly are calls intended to sell us something, to advertise anything and sometimes they even turn out to be attempts at scams. To solve all these annoying situations, there is no better way than to know how to block calls both on our mobile phone and on the landline.
When it comes to blocking calls, we can be specific, that is, suppress the access of numbers or, on the contrary, we can perform this task for all calls that come to our device. This is already everyone’s choice.
Obviously blocking all calls is something more radical, but sometimes we may have no choice, for example, if we want to concentrate on studying and they just get calls.
Everything we do can be reversed, so if we block all calls for a while, once we decide we can receive them again without problems.
Let’s see what are the ways to block calls on the different types of devices that we have today to receive this type of communication.
Block calls from an Android mobile
If we have a mobile phone with the Android operating system, we have ways to ensure that we are not disturbed by calls that we do not want.
These functions, how could it be otherwise, can be activated or deactivated to the taste and needs of each one.
In Android we are presented with several possibilities when it comes to restricting calls, since we can block those that come from unknown numbers , block a specific number or prevent any type of call from reaching our terminal.
We are going to do everything from the Telephone application or from the Agenda in some terminals. Obviously, depending on the phone we have, the situation may vary slightly due to the layer of personalization it has.
- We open the phone applicationof the terminal, that is, the one we always press to call.
- Then we click on the three dots that appear in the upper right corner of our screen to go to Filter rules.
- Once inside we must click on Call filter rules.Now is where we are going to look at the different options we have to block different types of calls.
It is a really good thing to be able to choose several forms of blocking, because then each one will use the one that best suits them.
- Block all calls: in this case, what it does is block any call made to our mobile, except for the numbers that we have on our trust list.
- Filter unknown numbers: if we activate this filter, all calls whose phone number is unknown will be rejected.
- Filter private / withheld number: in this case, any number that is private or that does not appear will not be able to call us either.In addition, Android allows us to block calls from specific numbers. For example, if we have a phone number that calls us continuously, making jokes or simply calling us, we will always be able to block it, but for that we need to put it on our Black List or Block List .To use the Block List we must return to the Filter Rules screen and we will see how there is a specific section for this list. If we enter inside, it will indicate the numbers that have been previously blocked , if there are any, in addition to an add button at the bottom.
If we click on Add we can incorporate different ways to block, such as:
- Add manually: that is, enter the phone number ourselves.
- Filter prefix: phones with this prefix will be blocked.
- Add from contacts: we will add our contacts to the black list.
- Add from calls: in this case we can block numbers that have called us.
- Add from messages: if an unwanted number has sent us a message, this is the place to block it.
Block calls from an iOS mobile
If we need to block a contact so that it cannot call us again on the iPhone , we will also be able to get it.
We will add them to a kind of black list and in this way they will not be able to contact us no matter how much they call.
- Let’s go to the Phone application.
- At that moment we open the Agenda.
- Now we go to the contact that we want to stop calling us and click on the information icon.
- We are scrolling down until we can click on Block this contact.
Block calls from a landline
The normal thing to block a number on the landline is to speak with the operator and indicate the precise data for them to block the call option.
On the other hand, there are also some cases in which we can carry out this task without having to call, but rather, through the app or the client part of the operator’s own website , we have the possibility of placing certain numbers in a list by which they cannot call us.There is also an option that is interesting, but that depends on whether your operator has it active or not. Some time ago it worked in most cases and it is as simple as using the code * 60 and then writing the phone number we want to block, all this with the landline off the hook, of course.
As we tell you, it may be that it works for you as if it gives you an error. If so, it is best to ask the company that supplies you with the fixed line what code or systems they use.
Block in calling apps
As you well know, WhatsApp is also used to make calls and as it is the most used messaging app in the world, it is convenient to know how to ensure that certain numbers cannot communicate with us through this application.
To achieve this we only need to perform the following steps:
- We open a WhatsApp conversation that we have had with the contact we want to block.
- We click on the three points in the upper right corner and then we go to More.
- Now we select Block.
- At that time we will see that we can Block, Cancel or Report and Block. Now everyone who chooses the one they want, but in principle blocking would be worth it.
The other great option when it comes to calls by app is Telegram , WhatsApp’s most direct competition.
In this app we can also block a contact and we are going to do it as follows:
- We open Telegram.
- We touch on the three lines in the upper left corner and go to Settings.
- We open Privacy and securityand then Calls .
- Within calls we have several options suchas choosing who can call you (everyone, My contacts or Nobody), adding exceptions to the previous rule or with whom we can use Peer-to-peer.
This is the way in which we can block calls in the different types of systems that we have to receive them.
As you have seen on all devices we can assign a lock to someone so that they can no longer communicate with us.